Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Class is cancelled... I guess...

Well, this is interesting. The professor for my Method & Praxis class didn't show up. We waited a while, then we all signed a paper to say who was there on time and slid it under his office door... then we left. I ran down to Registrar's just to let them know what had happened and make sure it was okay for me to leave - they said that yes, that was fine and they'd check to make sure everything was okay with the professor.

So - free class period. I'll be in the library, studying. :)

Tonight is KCW (Kingdom, Church and World) - my small group in that class has picked a 'kingdom project' (basically a service project in the community) to do. There's a company in downtown Lexington called Seedleaf, which plants and maintains organic gardens for restaurants, etc. However, they also do non-profit work - planting organic gardens for communities and less-privileged people for free. So we're going to plant a garden for an elderly lady - the initial work will be Sunday, October 19th, from 8am to 4pm, and then we're following up Saturday, October 25, from 8am to noon to check on her garden and do some harvesting in community gardens. We've been forging forward with the plans - so much so that we've forgotten to get approval from the professor for our project. But I'm not too worried, really... I think it's a good project.

2 comments:

Laura said...

This is great--a concrete way of really helping someone out!

Abigail said...

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it!